Re: LRO: Painting a IIa

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 00:55:01 EDT

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, William J. Rice wrote:

    :Ron,
    :Just get your butt over to CarQuest on Veterans Parkway with the paint
    :code (I think TeriAnn or OVLR has 'em on the web). The guys there are v.
    :nice--they mixed up a couple batches of Marine Blue DuPont enamel for
    :me--it ain't very expensive (especially if you put it on with disposable
    :foam brushes), something like $30 for a quart, which was more than enough
    :for my 109.

    The paint codes are in the LR FAQ at
    http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/FAQ.S.paint.3.html

    If you tell the paint people you're going to put the paint on with a brush,
    they'll probably laugh at you. Do it anyway, not just because you should be
    used to getting laughed at by people in parts stores, but because they can
    do things that will improve your painting.

    David

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.