LRO: Re: Galvanizing Bulkheads and Shipfitters...

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 03:53:55 EDT

    > I know this question has been flogged to death, but how does one get a
    > bulkhead galvanized without having it distort? I vaguely remeber someone
    > saying to search for an outfit that would pre heat/soak the item before
    > dipping? Or do you just wrench it into place and bolt 'er in.

    Why not get a piece of thick walled U channel with the innder dimension
    large enough to fit the bolkhead out rigger fittings. If the U is not
    available then make your own from 2"x2"x1/2" angle. You could also use an I
    beam I guess. Drill holes in appropriate spot, drop in the bulkhead. This
    would prevent any distortion of the legs.
    Plenty of people have done the galvy bulkhead without problem (Timm Cooper
    and ...damm mind just went blank.) Someone just posted a link for the SU
    sidedraft on a Series Rover. They had a galvy BH also.
    Pete