Re: LRO: Hey, I just bought a new car! (no rover content)

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 23:43:43 EDT

    There nifty looking. Sedan, Coupe, Convertible? Hope you don't want to
    fix
    the things that don't work. Mercedes parts are expensive.

    David

    It's a sedan. For some reason I thought it was a '71 and I called the
    owner asking him if it was indeed a 250SE, b/c I just found out they
    didn't make any of those in 71. He told me it was a 67.
    Amazing that Mercedes was using fuel injection in 67 and my 1980 Pontiac
    motor is carbureted.
    I don't think I'm going to bother fixing much, though I just did some
    internet snooping and discovered that used parts really aren't bad. I
    may replace the windshield and convert the electric (not working) windows
    to manual if that's an economical course of action. I also will probably
    replace the bowling-trophy dude hood ornament w/ the proper Mercedes
    Star, though I could get some checker-pattern sticker rolls and make it a
    mod mobile and leave the bowler on . . .

    bill