LRO: Hey, I just bought a new car! (no rover content)

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 23:10:37 EDT

    Hey fellows,
    I now own two cars older than me. Sorry my latest acquisition isn't a
    rover. I'm about to start a frameover on Mrs. Merdle (65 IIA) and was
    planning on buying a bicycle or using LPCs (Leather Personnel Carriers)
    to get wherever I went, but then a cool Mercedes I walk by every day on
    my way to class turned up with a "For Sale" sign in it one a.m. It's a
    '67 250SE. Test drove and compression tested it tonight. Not mint, but
    probably cooler for all the quirks. The guy kept telling me what didn't
    work and I kept saying "I haven't had that for 5 years now."

    So now I can start the frameover, and when I realize I need more bolts (I
    initially typed "nuts" but then had to change it to bolts b/c of all you
    dirty-minded rover owners out there) I can drive to the store for 'em.
    And I'll have something to lend my pickup owning friend when I borrow his
    truck to take my bulkhead, breakfast, t-pieces, and trim to the
    galvanizers in Denver.

    bill