Re: LRO: Re: The Land-Rover Bodied Bastard (Long and Bitter)

From: lroml@minbar.fourfold.org
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 18:14:22 EDT

    On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Tim Czajka wrote:

    > But go to your car shows. Keep those part numbers matching.

    ??? On my 1949, when the numbers were actually supposed to match, I sent
    off a letter asking LR Tracability about the different chassis, front &
    rear axle numbers. THeir response was that the chassis had obviously been
    shipped to Canada, while one axle to Tanganykia and the other to someplace
    in Asia. Eventually, the axles made their way to Canada as replacements
    and ended up under this chassis. This, rather than the more simple excuse
    that they didn't match, despite their claims to the contrary...