LRO: Re: The Land-Rover Bodied Bastard (Long and Bitter)

From: Tim Czajka (timczajka@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 16:33:49 EDT

    Brian Willoughby wrote:
    >These conversions have no future because they have no regard for the past.

    Oh my. I was able to eat lunch in the time it took to scroll
    through your lengthy diatribe. But your last sentence said it
    all. You are like the kid in high school, who could regurgitate
    facts and figures, but couldn't form understanding.

    Whether or not the Wilkes brothers wanted people to modify the
    Series Land Rover, the fact is it happened. It ended up being
    one of the great strengths of the Series - the vehicle could be
    modified in partnership with the owner. Take away that and you
    take away part of what is a Series Land Rover. Any one of the
    rag tag bunch of explorers and adventurers who have traveled
    across Africa in modified Series vehicles over the years could
    tell you that. I am sure they had little worry about matching
    spark plug numbers.

    But go to your car shows. Keep those part numbers matching.
    Have "fun" buffing that paint job. Gosh you really know what a
    Series Land Rover is all about.

    Tim Czajka
    1972 Series III 88