Re: LRO: Non rover question, but still about British Iron...

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 08:27:45 EDT

    Clinton, I've seen this more than once. If I remember correctly (and I
    should - I owned a 68 Healey Sprite) that bugger used the 45D4.

    Dump the electronic POS and fit it with a general replacement 45D4. Go back
    to points as a test, then put in a Pertronix and never look back.

    Works fine, lasts a long time.

    If you want to bail him out, I believe a 25D4 from a 60s Rover would fit
    just as well...again, you'll need to wire it to the coil a la points rather
    than the electronic gimcrackery.

                   ajr