LRO: Marin - are you off your medication?

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 12:41:25 EDT

    Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:31:29 EST
    From: Gbrovers@aol.com
    Subject: LRO: Marin - are you off your medication?

    >Marin
    You are turning into a cynical old fart. It seems like the favorite
    activity of old farts is to complain about young people - their music,
    clothes, taste in anything that is different from ours, lack of understanding
    about the world (as if we were any different at that age)!

    I've ALWAYS been a cynical fart, regardless of age. Work in commercial
    television long enough, and you won't believe in anyone or anything ever
    again. As to complaining about young people- I don't mind their music,
    although it's interesting to see that more and more young people are
    "discovering" our (boomer's) music. As to lack of understanding of the
    world, I believe, and there are plenty of studies that seem to support this,
    that the current generation of young people (18-25 or thereabouts) are the
    most ignorant of reality the world has produced yet. That's certainly been
    my experience, as most of the young people I've talked to had pretty much
    no clue as to what was going on, nor were they willing to take any responsibility
    to find out. So why waste the time on them?
    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88
      1991 Range Rover Vogue SE