[lro] Rover 3 litre

From: roverbilly@juno.com
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 21:34:09 EST

    There were 3 marks of the Rover 3 litre engine, the later ones with the
    weslake head has something of the order of 140 hp, versus the Mk1 at
    maybe 110. The 3 litre is a bolt in for the 2.6, although I STR that the
    flywheel was different on the Mk3 which may have used the LR 2.25
    flywheel (it is over 20 years since I played with these motors) the MK3
    also needs some playing with the carb linkage and the air cleaner if
    fitted to the LR, the air cleaner is large which combined with the large
    weslake inlet manifold results in some clearance adjustments. I think it
    needed shortening, or was it too close to the fender? You'll find out
    when you fit it, nothing complicated. In my ESHO the Mk3 is one of the
    best engines to fit in a 109, loads of torque and enough power, smooth
    and quiet.

    Regards
     Bill Leacock