Re: [lro] roofs repairs adhesives and birds

From: john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 08:31:28 EDT

    Presumably the expression was coined by someone who had infact eaten a a boiled owl. Personally I will accept on face value that owls are tough even when boiled.
    The image does have impact for me since as a child my mother would serve boiled chicken. These fowl were at the end of their egg laying career and it took a long boiling to render them edible.
    John and Muddy