Re: [lro] Wiper/Washer switch wiring

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 22:25:58 EDT

    John, I don't think my wipers are two speed. I was hoping they were two
    speed and thought the only reason they are one speed was the cheap switch
    and wiring used by the PO. But, when I found the original switch, it only
    twists on-and-off. It doesn't click into a second position at all.

    Can anyone educate me on which models had the 2 speed wipers? My Series III
    109SW is actually a combination of a 1967 109 SW with the
    drivetrain/mechanicals/dash from a military Series III 109. The wiring and
    instrument panel are all basically series III.

    Paul.
    Series III 109SW

    John Cranfield <john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

    I memory serves me well you should have one main tab as power in and two
    tabs as power out for hi and low speed and the small "box" on the end is
    a separate switch for the washer which should have 2 tabs or 1 tab out
    to the washer pump and connecting wire to the power in tab of the main
    switch
    Very often one of the washer tabs would break off causing a failure of
    the washers.
    John and Muddy