[lro] Pintle Hitch

From: Henry (eore74@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 20:46:35 EDT

    Good Evening,

        I am in the process of purchasing a pintle hitch for a new Canadian ex-MOD
    trailer I've bought to tow behind my SWB Series III civilian spec Rover. The
    Rover parts manual shows an adapter plate is required to mount the hitch on
    the rear crossmember - looks like an easy fab job. Is it necessary to
    reinforce the civilian spec rear crossmember or is it simply a matter of the
    holes not lining up? It's only a 1/2 ton trailer - anybody simply hawged out
    the holes on the crossmember? Thanks in advance....

    Henry
    SWB Series III - Eore