[lro] Repairing holes in roof top?

From: Tom Proctor (t_proctor@advantechinternational.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 11:15:25 EDT

    I have six holes in my project roof that I need to patch. The roof is a
    circa-SII 109 with the ribbing. All the holes are drilled through the ribs.
    Four are about 3/16 inch diameter and very clean, the other two about 5/16
    inch and look like stretched 1/4 inch originals (rib also dimpled from the
    pilot on a carriage bolt). Can I fill them with some sort of brazing material
    and a torch?

    Also, the front 1/3 of the rain gutter has detached (rivets popped). So, I'd
    like to fully remove the gutter piece and get everything thoroughly cleaned,
    regalvanized if needed, then reassembled. Is it SOP to measure the holes after
    drilling the old rivets out, to determine the correct size replacement rivet?

    It now sitting out in the rain for a free washing. Then I'll begin to gather
    the needed bits and get moving on my first riveting adventure...

    Tom Proctor