Re: [lro] Carb choice was Stromberg carb 2.25 Q

From: Smokey Briggs (smokey@pecos.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 18:18:09 EDT

    On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 03:03 PM, Alan J. Richer wrote:

    > Both of them are good performers - especially when the
    > Zenith has been flatted and annealed.
    >
    > The Rochester is a good carb too, especially when jetted
    > properly - it's got a much bigger throat than either of the
    > previous ones.
    >
    > What's the Stromberg got for a manifold? To be honest it
    > sounds like an interesting adaptation.

    Well, I think it is a standard series IIa manifold. It looks just like
    the manifold on the 1970 109. However, I hooked up new exhaust
    components from stem to stern Saturday and the triangular locking plate
    that pushes the flare of the pipe into the manifold did not fit. The
    one that came off had the holes drilled out oversize and about one-half
    of the plate ground away for clearance. My first thought was that
    someone had simply used studs that were too short and then made up for
    it by grinding on the plate. Are there other than standard manifolds
    that will bolt to a 2.25?

    Smokey