RE: [lro] radiator

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 12:35:06 EDT

    > The electric fan only pushes air when the radiator is hot enough to need
    >it. When the vehicle is static and the fan is not running there is a lot of
    >heat build up under the bonnet.

    But the water pump still circulates water, and if you have your thermostat
    mounted so it reads the coolant temp then the fan will still trigger. If
    you're really worried, install an override switch to force the fan on. Easy
    to do. I'm also going to wire in a cutout switch so I can turn off the fan
    when wading. It will have a big ugly warning light so I don't leave it on.

    Keith