RE: [lro] radiator

From: Robert Palmer (rbpalmer_nrt@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 13:37:06 EDT

    BTDT - Had an override switch on mine with a huge red warning light that lit
    up when the fan was on...

    ...Three drained batteries later....

    I think I'll stick to a thermostatic switch :D

    Also, just a note for anyone who's looking for a surface-mount fan - I have
    an 18" one on my Series III - works great (Used it a lot in FL where you'd
    be in broiling heat and off-roading at low speeds in the sand). However I'd
    recommend fabricating a mounting bracket instead of following the directions
    that tell you to push four long rods through your radiator...

    ...One new radiator later...

    Dropped the temp 10 to 15 degrees (mine runs in addition to the mechanical
    fan) and works great