Re: [lro] radiator

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 11:41:16 EDT

    >An electric fan moves the same volume of air cruising down the highway or
    >sitting at idle. Its speed is not related to engine speed. As long as
    >the fan
    >moves the right amount of cfm for the engine horse power, is the right
    >diameter
    >for the radiator and you have a thermostat control for it, you wont go wrong.

    So, does anyone have an idea of the CFM for a mostly stock 2.25 88" that
    lives at high altitude in a hot climate? We've got a bunch of old fans
    kicking around the shop, but I think I'd have to pay for the big SPAL if I
    wanted one of those.

    Hmm, maybe I could take the intercooler water spray off the race car and
    throw that in the Rover as well. The intercooler was actually cold to the
    touch after 25 minutes of full boost.

    Keith