[lro] Re: vacuum guage was (Roverdrive)

From: offroaddesign@softhome.net
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 15:51:14 EDT

    > None in particular - any reputable brand should be fine.
    > Vacuum gauges are pretty simple little beast. Mine is a
    > Stewart-Warner I got from Burden Sales (surplus) for about
    > 10-12 dollars.

    It's not one of those life-depends-on-it gauges. I'd go for the cheapest one
    I could find that looked halfway decent. But, I'm a cheap bugger ;-)

    >> a 1.48 a gallon. I guess it is relative.
    >
    > Yup - gassed up my Rangie (and cried a lot) yesterday at
    > 1.61/gallon...and that's down 12 cents from where it's
    > been.

    Gas is down here too, but it probably won't be for too long. I do miss
    driving Valdez everyday, but when you can get 350 kms out of 10$ canadian
    worth of fuel, I don't mind my new little fuel mizer a bit. Of course, no
    longer being able to intimidate semis takes some getting used to, as being
    pushed around by Exploders and Jimmys. Perhaps a push bar and winch would
    help ;-)

    Funny seeing the two parked next to each other, you can almost see the
    Saturn's door handles when looking under Valdez!