[lro] Speedometer Drive Housing Shims

From: John Karlsson (karlsson@oco.net)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 19:13:34 EDT

    Bill,

    I posted this question on LRO a while back, but I got no response. What
    sealant, if any, should be used on the speedo housing shims? The original
    (I think -- I bought this '66 in 1970, so it's probably untouched) shims
    from the transmission I'm rebuilding had a dark film that seemed to be
    soluble in lacquer thinner, but the workshop manual doesn't mention any
    sealant. Whatever I did when I rebuilt my other transmission a few years
    ago seemed to work, but I can't remember applying any sealant to the shims.

    Thanks!

    John

    John Karlsson
    956 Main Street