[lro] Leaf Springs

From: Landrvrnut21@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 09:25:14 EDT

    I have two questions for y'all.

    1) I have started prepping my truck for the May Day rally, and I need a
    bit of advice. I have a set of leaf srpings from a series III 88 NAS, my
    truck however is a bit of a hybrid, but it is RHD. I need to know how to
    tell the difference between the handed springs (ie which side is which, part
    numbers?) and whether I should worry about switching them around. My truck
    has fuel tanks on both side so the only weight difference will be me, but it
    is looking like I may have a passenger. The truck has leaned since I got it,
    which has never really bothered me. It really doesnt concern me if it leans
    a bit, I would rather have it lean to the left, so me and 2 tanks of fuel
    would balance it out (And since most exit ramps turn right). The old springs
    are starting to sag a bit, the rears are 1 ton springs or someone has had
    truck leaves made, they limit the rear articualtion, and make the rear bounce
    down the highway.

    2) I have a salisbury in the rear with the current springs, and I was
    wondering will the standard series springs work with the salisbury or is
    there a modification required? I would like to put all 4 springs on in a few
    hours tomorrow if everything goes well.

    Is anyone else planning on attending the May Day rally? If I get my manifold
    in time, and get the wheel sandblasted and painted I will have new tyres, a
    new stainless manifold for the left side (Steve Parker conv. Ford 2.8 V6) and
    new leaf springs. Now just have to scrounge and save for a Rocky Mountain
    overdrive, and maybe a limited slip for the rear for the future.

    Cheers,
    Adam Stone
    Akron OH
    www.fplrg.org