Re: [lro] replacing rear main seal

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 13:50:06 EDT

    I tried putting the cork 'T' seals in dry. It may be
    able to be done but I didn't find the way. After
    destroying one set, called in my old mechanic buddy.
    His first comment was, did you oil the cork and block.
     Slapped a little oil on the seals, etc. and all was
    right with the world.

    The genuine OEM seals also have a plastic coating on
    one side. The coating made it a lot easier to put the
    seal in without destroying it.

    Aloha
    Peter O.
    --- John Cranfield <john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca>