[lro] 109 3-door window options?

From: Tom Proctor (t_proctor@advantechinternational.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 13:18:38 EDT

    This Summer I'll be restoring a SII roof with panel sides for my 109. Planned
    modifications include a roof hatch and lots of glass - safari spec side
    windows and alpine glass. I like the look of the D90/110 sliding windows,but
    they are too long to fit two on one side. I have seen pictures of a similar
    window, where two of equal size were fitted to a 109/110 side panel. Anybody
    know what these might be, and/or where to find them?

    If I go with the 90/110 slider, I can fit one on each side, centered below the
    alpine glass. I like this as it leaves the rear corner a solid panel, which is
    nice for internal storage (i.e. door tops bolted to the roll cage). But I do
    like the look of a matched pair of sliding windows on each side (although
    SWMBO prefers the forward window centered below the alpine).

    I've done some Internet searching for RV and marine windows, but have not
    found anything that I really like better than the LR item. I am open to
    suggestions though if anyone might know of some.

    Thanks,

    Tom Proctor