Re: [lro] replacing rear main seal

From: Scott Wickham (urbncby@sgi.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 06:28:40 EDT

    Oh, and the shop manual mentions a special tool, a guide for
    installing the seal.

        I think that was something like a feeler gauge to help guide in the cork
    T seals. Get a set of dental picks to help get the spring connected and
    onto the seal. And I had good luck with putting a small piece of cork
    between the two halves of the seal retainer. Squish it between them and
    then slip them onto the dowel pins, add bolts.

    Scooter
    www.fplrg.org