Re: [lro] Compression test results...

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 23:03:03 EDT

    Probably valves but your rings may not be all that
    good either. You'll be able to check the ridges in
    the cylinders when you pull the head. Even pull the
    #2 cylinder if you want to pursue it to the bitter
    end.

    I ran a 32/36 with the stock jets, believe they are
    130/140, for more than 10 years without a problem.
    Upped the jets to 150/160 and didn't notice
    improvement in anything except the need to fill up
    more often. Am back to running the stock jets on the
    engine with a 2.5 cam and milled head. Still no
    problems. Probably a good idea to check the plugs for
    the proper jet size though I haven't.

    Aloha
    Peter O.