Re: [lro] Compression test results...

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 07:27:45 EDT

    --- Robert Palmer <rbpalmer_nrt@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > According to the notes that came with my tester, this
    > points to a valve
    > issue. Thoughts?

    Could be a burnt valve - could be a bad head gasket. Either
    way, the head's got to come off.

    Before doing that, though, I'd make sure the valves are
    moving up and down and doing their thing - on the
    off-chance that you've had an intake adjuster back off and
    the cylinder's not filling. Pop the valve cover and watch
    the valves move up and down - and adjust the ones on that
    cylinder.

    Does sound like a valve job is in your future, though.
    Start calling around to local machine shops for their price
    for such work.

               ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://tax.yahoo.com