Re: [lro] Re: Nevil Shute - Off topic ...

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 20:39:05 EDT

    --- Rick Grant <rickgrant@telus.net> wrote:

    > Surely he must have mentioned a Land-Rover somewhere?

    As a matter of fact he did. In "Requiem" the father of the
    protagonist mentions they'll need to buy a Land-Rover for
    the protagonist, as the loss of his leg means he won't be
    up for riding the fence lines on a horse..

    In "The Far Country" and in "A Town Like Alice" the
    utilities are Chevrolets....but the timeframe of both of
    these books seems to predate 1948 in any case, so an LR
    would have been anachronistic.

    Yes, I am sad...let me go put on my anorak....8*)

           aj"Back to my whisky and book..."r

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://tax.yahoo.com