Re: [lro] Salisbury Axles and finding TDC...

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 14:04:34 EDT

    --- Robert Palmer <rbpalmer_nrt@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > - I haven't taken the head off of this one yet - that
    > would be a very new
    > experience for me :D

    If you've ever done any engine work at all then this thing
    will be simple. The only engine I've ever done work on that
    was easier was my old AH Sprite - and that because the head
    wasn't much bigger than a lawnmower's....8*)

    Seriously, A Saturday could easily see the head off,
    decoked, valves ground in and new seals in place. Then a
    few hours to bolt it all back on. My personal record for a
    head swap is 4 hours, in a field in Ottawa in 90F
    temps...8*)

    > - For the timing, I warmed up the truck and loosened the
    > collar on the
    > distributor, then slowly turned it till I got the
    > smoothest idle out of it.
    > I plan on a couple of road tests to see how far I can
    > advance it.

    Good. The hill trick works decently. Timing and valve
    adjustment (you have adjusted the valves, right?) make a
    BIG difference in the power on a 2.25.

              ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://tax.yahoo.com