Re: [lro] Parts purchase strategy

From: Richard Joltes (djoltes@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 15:30:00 EST

    Yes, as I've said in the past, the words 'customer' and 'service'
    ought not to be placed in juxtaposition when talking about UK
    retailers (or, for that matter, utility companies). I've had a
    few long delays in obtaining parts that I was assured were in
    stock and available when the order was placed; in all cases I had
    to e-mail or call the company once or twice a week to check the
    status and expected ship date.

    I think the heaviest single item I've had shipped in was a front
    bumper for Smudger; carriage by air was about $75 (after which,
    of course, someone in NC had one up for sale on eBay...<sigh>).

    Caveat emptor.

    cheers,

    dj
    1974 SIII Airportable, 'Smudger'