[lro] Parts purchase strategy

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 23:29:06 EST

    I am in the process of formulating which projects to tackle this
    spring/summer/fall. Many involve smaller parts (new door latches,
    weatherstripping, electrical switches) but some involve larger parts
    (rear cross member w/ extensions, rear 109SW gas tank). I am thinking of
    getting most of the "smaller" parts from Paddocks in England and the
    "larger" items from a vendor here in the USA. I figure the shipping
    costs for the smaller items will be low enough to still make this the
    cheapest alternative for these parts. The larger items will require
    freight shipping and I assume this would be the back breaker for get
    these items from Paddocks.

    So, anyone with experience buying from England? Are my assumptions
    regarding the larger items valid? Reasonable?

    Thanks,

    Paul Schultz

    Series III 109 SW