[lro] Elec-trickery -Where my 12V go?

From: Nick Danger (nick@hackermonkey.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 16:25:05 EST

    I am starting the major overdo of my Series III and I think I did
    something "bad".

    I have removed both wings, and in the process had to cut the wires
    leading to both sets of lights (headlight, turn signal and side marker)
    Now the rover will not do anything electrical. [I should mention that I
    also did a 'Foamy Engine Brite' on the engine/frame when I got the wings
    off]

    I have 12V at the battery, 12V at one side of the starter coil and 12V
    at the bottom (towards the pedals) fuse. When I turn the key to 'on', my
    12V at the bottom fuse goes to about 2v or less tho.

    So would that indicate a short or ground somewhere? Or did I just
    cut/break something I shouldn't have? What have I done??!

    I guess you all know why I was asking about wiring harnesses before.
    This seems mostly color correct from the manual but there is alot of
    'splicing' and extra connectors everywhere.

    The only reason I would like to keep the electrical working during this
    process is that my driveway is a slight grade. And its a pain pushing
    uphill alone. I had been starting with the crank the last few weekends
    of work (just because I could) but everything seemed to be working ok.

    Thanks - Nick