Re: [lro] Overbore 2.25?

From: MarkoNTL (marko.cosic@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 05:53:54 EST

    > I seem to recall reading somewhere that a "square" configuration is
    optimal.
    > ie one where bore and stroke are equal or as close as possible. Does that
    > sound right? This isn't an area that I've played with much in the past.

    There are many many reasons for choosing sqaure, over-square or
    under-square, but to be honest I wouldn't worry about them when it comes to
    tweaking a 2.25 because your only option for meaningful capacity increase is
    stroking - there isn't enough 'meat' between cylinders to go overbore a
    decent amount.

    At the cost of new pistons, new rings, the slight overbore, new rods, new
    crank; plus the new inlet/exhaust manifolds, fuel/ignition tuning and head
    port work to make the most of it; spending some time and love on a small
    ex-RR 3.5 V8 suddenly seem more attractive...

    --
    Marko Cosic (marko @ rover800.org.uk)
    Land-Rover(s), Rover 820 Turbo