Re: [lro] Re: Lucas Washers

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 18:38:20 EST

    Close Trevor, It was a diesel starting system pre glow plug. It squirted
    a spray of diesel over an element in the manifold to start a bonfire
    that was then sucked into the cylinders when cranking. Featured on the
    Standard diesel used in the "Grey Fergie" tractor. It was succeded by
    "Thermostart" which had a little reservoir of diesel and did the
    squirting automatically when the element was hot.
    I was told many years ago that Kigass was originally a fuel enrichment
    system for starting aircraft engines.
    Johnand Muddy