Re: [lro] Need Help! Stalled out on I-80 in rush hour this morning

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 10:59:57 EST

    > I think bad coils are like syphilis, in that they can mimic so
    > many other problems (or diseases in the other case). So, a new coil
    > may be the
    > salvarsan that your Rover desperately needs.

    Had the same problem last year in Moab (coil, not syphilis). I was
    playing on snow covered trails on top of the mountains just East of
    town. After the long descent down the engine had no power off idle.
    It would idle OK but stumble all over itself under load or at higher
    than 2000ish RPM. It was VERY hard to start.

    I replaced the fuel filter, checked fuel flow, disassembled and
    reassembled the carb, checked voltages on the low tension side of the
    ignition system, played with timing, replaced a wire in the low tension
    ignition, replaced the plugs, cap & rotor and replaced the electronic
    ignition module. My next step was to replace the high voltage lead
    going between the coil and distributor. I pulled the end going to the
    coil and this viscus clear liquid started pouring out. The coil was
    about 1 year old so I just assumed it was good.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
          Marigold Ltd.
          www.marigoldltd.com