Re: [lro] Re: Lucas Washers

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 14:39:42 EST

    > Another mod was to join the tube from the washer bottle
    > to a length of thin
    > copper tubing (microbore, do you have that?) the wrap
    > that around the
    > exhaust manifold, then more plastic tube. Voila, heated
    > washer water for icy
    > conditions.

    Amusingly enough, I have 2 "Hot Squirt" aftermarket washer
    heaters sitting on my parts shelf right now.

    1970s vintage - got them as part of a parts lot I bought.

    Much like Frank's idea, except the tubing is wrapped around
    a larger bore pipe, which was to be inserted into a cut
    section of heater hose and clamped in place.

    I always kept them - was thinking tea-water heater, with a
    simple reservoir to allow for water circulation.

                        ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://platinum.yahoo.com