Re: [lro] Need Help! Stalled out on I-80 in rush hour this morning :P

From: Richard Joltes (djoltes@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 11:05:14 EST

    At 10:35 25-03-03 -0500, you wrote:

    >..I nursed it home, but here's the full background and story (It's long, but should help anyone who has ideas)

    [trimmed]

    This sounds exactly like the symptoms Smudger exhibited last year
    when a gasket in the fuel system failed and he was pulling a mix
    of fuel & air into the carburettor. Try checking the fuel line all
    the way back to the tank(s)...in Smudger's case the problem was a
    gasket, but a cracked fuel line or filter could easily produce the
    same effect.

    Also look for a bad connection on the fuel pump, clogged breather
    on the tank itself (could be building negative pressure inside if
    it's not venting properly), or a bad filter. Since you said you've
    replaced the fuel filters lately this sounds unlikely, but it's a
    possibility nonetheless.

    cheers,

    dj
    1974 SIII Airportable, 'Smudger'