[lro] Yellow knob questions

From: Rick Behning (behningr@ci.greeley.co.us)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 16:14:47 EST

    I purchased a new spring for my yellow knob, as my rover did not have one when I purchased it. The spring, which came from British Pacific, was way too long to go on the shaft, or so it seamed. So I was thinking maybe the shaft broke off in the threads some where, which forced the previous owner to not replace the spring. So my question is how long should the threaded portion of the shaft be, how long should hte spring be, and why doesn't my four wheel high engage when the lever is not held up by the spring? There are probably some other appropriate question hinden in this situation some where, but some feed back on this componant of the four wheel system would be great.

    Rick Behning
    Greeley, Colorado
    "Minute" Series IIA 71'