Re: [lro] RR transmission issue (no Series content)

From: M. T. (mmglass@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 05:34:08 EST

    I don't understand what difference it makes if you are turning out revolutions
    with the transmission in neutral, with or without the transfer case engaged.
    Isn't this is similar to being in park?

    I think the solution would be to turn out revolutions with the transmission in
    drive while the transfer case is in neutral. Now the transmission is turning
    normally but there is no output to the drive shafts.

    Mind you I haven't tried this, nor have talked to any ZF transmission experts.

    Thoughts?

    Cheers,
    Mike
    '66 LR 109" Hybrid Coiler SW