Re: [lro] Wheeling a 109

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 22:08:29 EST

On 3/10/03 4:47 PM, "Ron Ward" <redsrover@knology.net> wrote:

> Tellico OHV area, near Murphy NC. The intermediate level trails are mud,
> rock ledges, boulders, v-ditches and such. Never had a problem with the
> Disco in these conditions

Then I would guess your 109 will be just fine, barring the maritime turning
radius.

When I was in FL (never made it to Tellico), I would go out with Discos and
RRs and 109s and they were all about the same. Granted, the RRs and Discos
required more "work" done to them to get them trail-ready compared to the
109 and my 110, but there are precious few times that I've felt wheelbase to
be a problem, or width. I actually found that for Florida conditions, the
extra wheelbase was a plus, but that's just my opinion.

One real benefit is the added benefit of on-road comfort as you're headed to
the off-roading site.

Enjoy your 109. LWB is the best. So is grease. ;-)

--pat.