Re: [lro] Wheeling a 109

From: Kirk Hillman (hillman88@telus.net)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 21:47:33 EST

    Ron,
        Last fall I towed my 88" LR about 500 miles each way over the Rocky
    Mountains. It was pretty much smooth sailing until the way back. When I
    stopped in a little town something very unexpected happened. I was turning
    a corner into a parking lot for a restaurant when one of the front wheels
    hit a pot hole (on the 88"). The resulting jerk felt like I hit a brick
    wall, not to mention looking in the rear view and seeing the front tire
    flapping back and forth like a flag in the wind. It was bad enough that
    when I stopped I got out to see the tie rod. Surely it came apart!!! But
    that wasn't the case. Everything was fine but it made me think how much
    those steering dampers help (there isn't one on my 88").

    Kirk