Re: [lro] Rhino-lining a SIII CSW

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 20:30:58 EST

    On 3/10/03 3:06 PM, "Alan J. Richer" <mrchurchill109@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > No, however you will have permanently screwed yourself out
    > of any way of repairing the flooring or removing it for
    > repairs.
    >
    > Simon, get a grip and stop being a twit.

    Rhino is often advertised as going on up to 1/4" thick. Key words: "up to".

    In my applications, it never really approached that, even on the flat floor.
    Closer to 1/8" is more like it, and quite adequate. (The herculiner was even
    thinner) Most of the wear & tear has been on the rear tub floor and inner
    sides of the wheelboxes. I suppose one could ask that those areas be
    thickened up a bit. Everywhere else has withstood chains, hi-lift, crates,
    etc. without showing wear. The rear area does get stuff slid in and out, and
    it doesn't look as new as elsewhere. I learned to keep a sheet of 1/4"
    plywood on the floor for sliding stuff in and out.

    I'll admit that I was lazy and had them spray over the floor of the rear
    tub, rivets and all. Damage/repair to a section of that floor may occur, but
    the risk is low and I took it. I did remove all other floor boards, though.
    I wouldn't contemplate spraying with them in place. The seat box? I did it
    in place as a few deft strokes with an Acme craft knife would separate the
    seat box from the body.

    I'm often a twit...

    --pat.