Re: [lro] Two body questions

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 11:25:52 EST

    --- Nick Danger <nick@hackermonkey.com> wrote:

    > Whats a barrier material?

    Puit simply, it's anything you put between the materials
    that you don't want in contact. In the case of aluminum and
    steel, galvanizing works well (for the first 20-30 years or
    so). If it's a matter of steel to ally contact I'd put in
    plastic, mastic or non-silicone caulking of some sort just
    to keep the electrical contact from happening. (silicone !=
    paint-friendly, also acetic acid==bad for metal)

    Galvanic corrosion is not your friend...

    As far as the RhinoLiner goes, I wouldn't be able to tell
    you, really. Can't see where it would make a heckuva lot of
    difference as long as the ally is treated with a proper
    etching primer before painting, then the RL applied over
    the paint. I wouldn't go the RL right on the
    lauminum...this will give you a fighting shot to get the
    crap off someday.

                 ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://taxes.yahoo.com/