Re: [lro] Two body questions

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 10:31:54 EST

    --- Nick Danger <nick@hackermonkey.com> wrote:

    > 1) There is some galvanic corosion on the back.

    Personally, i tend to either scrape or otherwise
    mechanically clean the area till all traces of the
    corrosion are gone, then a good high-build primer will
    usually take care of the roghness.

    Then paint as appropriate, and make sure to get some type
    of barrier material in to keep this from happening again.

    > 2) Whats the best way to take the body off?

    The Green Bible is your guide. I tend to start at the front
    and work my way back - the front panel and wings (or just
    the wings if desired) and bonnet can get done, then start
    in on the floor panels and seatbox. The back body is no
    nightmare to remove after that - 10 bolts at the rear, 4-8
    (depending on model) at the front tabs and then disconnect
    the tanks and wiring.

    This is all assuming you already have the roof off....

    You don't necessarily have to completely remove the sills
    - if you're not planning on working on the bulkhead or its
    outriggers you might be better off leaving them alone and
    supporting them as required.

            ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://taxes.yahoo.com/