Re: [lro] SIII Steering Wheel Replacement

From: Richard Joltes (djoltes@attglobal.net)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 11:16:41 EST

    Ian Stuart wrote:

    > On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 11:44, Ron Ward wrote:
    > >
    > > Anyone replaced their stock wheel with something a bit smaller? I have D90
    > > seats in my 109 and I can just barely fit behind the wheel. Suggestions?
    > > Also, I need a good, but cheap cubby box. Tuffy are nice, but high dollar.

    I think Northern Tool had some generic cubby boxes available recently;
    you might want to check their site/catalogue.

    > Series III?
    >
    > Loads of the British Layland vehicles.
    >
    > I've got an MG wheel on my motor: nice thick rim, leather covered, and
    > smaller than the stock rim by a fair margin...

    When I lived in the UK I bought a Mountney wheel (also leather covered,
    smaller diameter) for the Airportable. Works a treat and is much
    easier to deal with than the original military monstrosity, especially
    when it's cold.

    cheers,

    dj
    1974 SIII Airportable, 'Smudger'