[lro] SIII Steering Wheel Replacement

From: Tom Proctor (t_proctor@advantechinternational.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 10:44:24 EST

    TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
    > The Defender seats take the same mounting location as the
    > series seats and the back tilts into the space normally occupied
    > by the series behind seat bulkhead.

    Is this accurate for the 109 (with the additional behind-seat-space over an
    88)?

    Although I'm 6'4", I feel fine in my 109 with IIa seats. I've though about
    going hybrid and adding D90 seats (for long trip comfort) but I don't want to
    lose any room. I had hoped that maybe removal of the seatback spacer/bumpers
    would allow the D90 seatsbacks to fit. Maybe not...

    Also, what do carawagon conversions have in place of the rear bulkhead? If I
    was to remove the bulkhead on my 109 regular, would there be panel gaps to
    fill? Are the special cappings to fit, that don't curve inward to the
    non-existent bulkhead? I'm starting to like this idea!

    Tom Proctor