Re: [lro] Violent Steering Shake

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 09:41:46 EST

    > What you describe is known as "death wobble"
    > Check all the tie rod ends but most importantly check the swivel
    > preload
    > and the steering relay condition.

    In addition check your stub axle housing (the part your wheel bearings
    ride on. Then this happened to me it was because The Green Rover
    snapped one at the base of the flange. only thing that kept the front
    wheel on was front axle knuckle would not fit through the hole. The
    Rover drove fine unless it hit a tiny bump and it was instantly trying
    to wobble big time or head off the site of the road.

    Consider this a very high priority locate and fix item. Something
    broken may be on the verge of completely letting go. You can always
    take it in for one of those free front end inspections.

    TeriAnn

    1960 Land Rover 109 Dormobile conversion "The Green Rover" owned for 25
    years

    The new car:
    1961 Triumph TR3A only owned for only 17 years