Re: [lro] genuine Land Rover parts

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 13:45:20 EST

    Problem is, the factory parts
    > are usually easier to install, come with proper
    > fasteners, slightly better fit, etc. Know there may
    > be exceptions, but I've never had a problem with a
    > factory part. Can't say that about all aftermarket
    > parts that I've bought, however.

    Hypothetical situation - Ford cans all parts. Demand for good, HIGH QUALITY
    aftermarket parts becomes an issue. It's all about supply/demand. Therefore,
    supply will increase eventually as there will be a new market. Bearmach will
    exist for some people, and for others, other suppliers will carry high
    quality parts.
    The only thing that will become unobtainium is the weird stuff that no one
    wants, the oddball stuff that isn't worth manufacturing.

    What are you people worried about? As long as you're buying, someone will be
    selling. And if people want quality in good enough numbers, someone will
    capitalise on that.

    J-L