Re: [lro] roverdrive

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 08:59:21 EST

    > Remember that most of the non-rover rock crawlers have 9' tire
    > diameters, which require much lower gearing to go slow. They'll talk
    > about needing 100:1 or more...

    I'm currently running 32" tyres and find 70:1 to be too low for most
    anything I drive, but I found the factory stock 40:1 to be too high for
    a lot of technical driving I 've done. Next set of tyres I will be
    going to 33.4" dia. I'm not sure I'm ready for the clearance issues of
    35's.

    I keep thinking the one Ton low range first gear overall ratio would be
    perfect for technical work in the rocks.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    Santa Cruz, California
      http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    A member of the internet community since 1985.