Re: [lro] Roverdrive vs. High Ratio Transfer Box

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 13:49:54 EST

    On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 09:56 AM, Mark Pilkington wrote:
    > be one eventually on my Series IIa to drop the RPM at 80 mph from 3000
    > 2200 which will save a lot of gas.

    You are taking a series rig up to 80 MPH on a regular basis as a
    highway cruise speed? Oh lordy lordy lordy!! And I bet you are
    planning to do this with oversize tyres too.

    Mind if I take a life insurance policy out on you?

    And I'm just happy to be cruising at 65 MPH at around 2750 RPM and
    reserve 70 MPH for passing them uppity 4.6 Range Rovers on grades. And
    I keep the tyres balanced, toe in spot on and know the steering
    geometry is within one tenth of one degree from factory spec. Had it
    laser measured I did.

    80 mph @ 2,200 RPM, oh my! That has got to calculate out to 100 MPH @
    <3000 RPM!

    TeriAnn

    1960 Land Rover 109 Dormobile conversion "The Green Rover" owned for 25
    years

    The new car:
    1961 Triumph TR3A only owned for only 17 years