Re: [lro] SeriesI oil filters; was aliiiiiive

From: Kirk Hillman (hillman88@telus.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 01:16:18 EST

    > If a bypass filter is acceptable to you and originality is not too
    important, a
    > lot of older vehicles used them until the end of the dark ages. One that
    comes
    > to mind is the 55 Chevy. The unit could mount just about anywhere there is
    room
    > and, for your convenience, the top removes to change the element. I'm sure
    > elements for these are readily available and cheap.

    Bill,
        I hope you aren't talking about the V8 that was introduced in '55. The
    small block chevy had NO FILTER at all in its first year. Starting in '56
    it had the full-flow oil-filter system. You all know the 350 was originally
    a 265 CI, right? (Just thought I would throw in some trivia recently
    learned! ;-)

    Kirk

    NB- Bill, actually I assume you are talking about a different engine
    altogether...