RE: [lro] It is aliiiiiiive!

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 02:05:07 EST

    > >I wonder if it might be an earlier truck than 1954.
    >
    >no no no no The vehicle is a '51- it originally had the 1600 cc engine, but
    >some enterprising soul later transplanted a '54 siamese bore 4 cyl engine.
    >
    >>I would doubt that the later (full flow) oil filter can be adapted, but
    >>it depends on whether there is a flange boss cast into the block.
    >
    >The original filter has two pipes that are tapped into the block via
    >compression fittings. I know this is kinda uncharted territory - I need to
    >research more. Someone on the Series1 list said they have a remote filter
    >adaptor with a ford filter. dunno. There were similar filters used in the
    >T-series MGs that folks have adapted to modern spin-on filters. Moss Motors
    >even sells a look-alike unit with a replaceable filter unit (unlike the
    >original AC filter that was disconnected and tossed every 10K miles.

    There are a number of engines that have a filter remotely mounted, at
    least in some applications. It wouldn't be at all difficult to adapt
    one the set up the 2 litre has. Just some bracketry and pipes.

    > >If I were you I would keep the glass settling bowl.
    >I think I will. the one I have may not be salvable, tho

    do you have an ag parts place around? Lots of tractors and such like
    have glass bowls. It wouldn't surprise me if you could find one
    that's identical to what Rover used.